Oprah.com has posted an article that discusses the workplace bullying phenomenon. The article mentions the many health problems that can be caused by a toxic boss and lists the warning signs to look out for if you suspect you might be working for a bully boss. The following are a few of the warning signs:
- You attempt the obviously impossible task of doing a new job without training or time to learn new skills, but that work is never good enough for the boss.
- Surprise meetings are called by your boss with no results other than further humiliation.
- Everything your tormentor does to you is arbitrary and capricious, working a personal agenda that undermines the employer’s legitimate business interests.
- Others at work have been told to stop working, talking or socializing with you.
- You constantly feel agitated and anxious, experiencing a sense of doom, waiting for bad things to happen.
While the Oprah article mentions ways to ‘fight back’ against a workplace bully, we believe that there is little you can do to stop a toxic boss. The best solution is to use free resources like eBossWatch to identify and avoid hostile workplaces during the job interview process.
Click here to read the entire article.
Click here to rate your boss at eBossWatch.