The National Federation of Independent Business has put together a list of 16 ways to be a better boss. Here are five of the most important tips. Get these right, and your employees will be singing your praises on eBossWatch!
1. Listen to your employees. There’s nothing more demoralizing to people than to work for a boss who thinks she knows all of the answers. The employees that are in direct contact with customers have great ideas about what customers want and how to solve their problems and satisfy their needs. This valuable information is too important for managers to ignore.
2. Communicate your vision. You can’t expect your employees to excel at their jobs if they don’t know what the company is trying to accomplish. When your team members know about their goals, they’ll have a much easier time working to achieve them.
3. Affirm your people. This is probably the easiest and most effective way to stand out as a good boss. Complimenting your employees and thanking them on a regular basis will keep them happy, engaged, and productive.
4. Give responsibility. Most people are naturally motivated, , and want their companies to succeed. If they are able take ownership over their tasks and make decisions on their own, your employees will take pride in their work and will be better able to stay motivated.
5. Use mistakes as learning opportunities. Recognize that everyone makes mistakes. The most innovative companies welcome mistakes as an essential part of the creative process.
Join the LinkedIn eBossWatch Network and follow us on Twitter!